Special Note: when a recipe calls for “liquid sweetener of choice” that means that one can use maple syrup, honey, agave sweetener or any other liquid sweetener you would like.
When a recipe calls for “Dairy or non dairy” that means that one can use traditional dairy milk or soy, rice or almond milk.
Copyright © 2008-2014 The Double Energy Twins ® All Rights Reserved
Sour Cream Veggie Dip Recipe
Cucumber Parsley Relish
This is a fun party snack, especially for the fourth of July when corn and cucumbers are at their peak. This relish can be eaten plain or served on top of rice cakes, baked chips, veggie hot dogs or a bed of lettuce.
Yield: 4 servings
5 large ears of corn
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
2/3 cup diced cucumber
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Remove husks and silk from corn.
2. Fill a large pot with a steamer and bring water to a boil. Place corn in water and cook with lid on for 10 minutes. Let corn cool and slice kernels from the corn with a sharp knife.
3. In a medium bowl mix corn kernels, onion, and cucumber.
4. Stir in lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and sea salt.
5. Serve immediately or chill. Can be stored up to a week in the refrigerator.
Change it up-
- Add 1 cup diced pickles instead of cucumber.